Come join our team of professionals. Whether you’re fresh out of college, or an experienced professional, Memphis Consulting Group, LLC is a company where you can cultivate your expertise, use your knowledge to the fullest extent, enjoy superlative mentoring, and gain the experience necessary for earning your CPA License.
MCG is an equal opportunity employer with opportunities available for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. EOE M/F/D/V
Click on a career opportunity listed below for details of the position and submit your cover letter and resume via the form at the bottom of this page.
Your range of responsibilities would include accounting support, preparation of tax returns, and financial management support. You would be required to maintain active communication with clients and staff.
- Experienced with accounting software.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Ability to take instruction.
- Ability to conduct research.
- Strong understanding of US GAAP.
- At least 3 years of accounting experience.
- Accounting / Business Management undergraduate degree.
- Masters degree preferred.
- Supervisory experience a plus.
Period of Employment
This position is temporary to permanent.
Based on experience.
Submission details: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include your resume and cover letter for consideration.
Supervise the team of audit analysts conducting financial, compliance and operational audits of client’s programs, and functions to determine the adequacy of controls, the degree of compliance with established policies and procedures and the effectiveness and efficiency of the area under review.
The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills, strong analytical ability and decision-making skills, and the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines. Experience in government program evaluation and performance measurement/ management is essential. Ability to motivate and lead your team is critical. Critical thinking skills are a must.
Comprehensive knowledge of principles and application of the compliance function; working knowledge of GAAP, GAAS, and GAGAS; Knowledge of and ability to understand programs, regulations, and directives of applicable Federal and Local laws:
Strong interviewing skills; Technical Skills to include business process analysis and improvement, analytical skills, industry/ best practice experience, ability to obtain analyze and appraise data and strong written and oral communication skills.
- CPA required
- Public accounting experience (big 4 or large regional firm)
- Graduate degree (i.e., MBA, MPA, MS)
- Supervisory experience
- Perform bookkeeping, accounting, inventory control, and clerical/administrative functions.
- Serve as a bookkeeper. Assist with budget preparations; handle accounts; maintain ledgers; prepare financial statements and reports including the income statement and balance sheet; reconcile bank account; keep the supervisor informed as to the balances of internal accounts; and prepare payroll.
Job Description Specifications:
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles
- Knowledge of accounting techniques and procedures
- Knowledge of maintaining account balances and reporting on their status
- Knowledge of proper preparation of tabular materials, charts and statistical data
- Analyze general ledger and fixed asset data
- Diagnose accounting problems
- Maintain records of departmental spending and adjust budget as needed
- Past due and/or incorrect invoices
- Bank statement reconciliation
Experience and Education:
- Three to five years previous experience in bookkeeping and accounting
- High School Diploma
- Relevant courses in bookkeeping/accounting
Quality Assurance Manager
- Financial Audits – Solid understanding of the audit process required. You would be expected to plan, perform, supervise, and report on the audits of small to medium sized businesses in accordance with US GAAS and US GAAP. Great working paper preparation habits are expected. Report writing capability is a must.
- Internal Control Reviews – Ability to understand and document control environment and control infrastructure.
- Accounting Services – Understand clients’ business, understand and provide expertise to enhance accounting systems. Technical capability to perform accounting procedures from bookkeeping to trial balance mandatory. Supervisory ability and experience essential.
Ability to learn software quickly. Ability to perform duties independently. Integrity is essential.
This is a position in a growing company and requires an entrepreneurial mindset. We aim to deliver value to our clients who range from small companies to Fortune 500 companies. There are opportunities to share profits based on performance.
- College degree, Masters
- At least 5 years experience preferably in a practicing firm environment.
The Consultant would perform operational, financial, and compliance engagements in accordance with professional standards. In addition, the Consultant would provide advisory services as required. The Consultant is expected to function at a very high level of quality, and should be able to take direction as well as work independently, with minimum supervision.
As a rising professional, it is critical that you invest in yourself now and lay a solid foundation for your future. If your current status coincides with the prior statement, then Memphis Consulting Group, LLC may be exactly where you need to be. Call us and let’s talk. If you desire the tools, skills, and attitude required of a world-class top-notch Consultant, our team will help you attain your goals.
How We Will Help You Get There
Our 3-year Professional Leadership Program will provide the technical versatility that is required in the marketplace and catapult you to the next level. You will be exposed to financial management, accounting, audit, tax, and consulting during your tenure. More importantly, you will be challenged to develop leadership skills that set you apart from your peers. You will be encouraged to attain a professional designation such as the CPA, CGMA, or CISA. Whenever you pass a stage of your professional examinations, Memphis Consulting Group, LLC will reimburse a portion of your fees. On the job training is an absolute must. Formal training on an annual basis paid for by the firm is expected.
Ideal skills and abilities
The ideal candidate will possess excellent interpersonal skills, strong analytical ability and decision-making skills, and be able to prioritize and meet deadlines. Your writing ability is crucial since our end products are reports. You will work as part of a team that supports each other to accomplish set goals and objectives. Candidates should be coachable and be able to take correction as a necessary part of their development. We want proactive, passionate, visionary, humble, and engaged people who are hungry for success, are willing to learn, and capable of working hard and smart to attain their goals. A great attitude is essential! This is a professional learning environment and therefore, openness to new things is expected.
Undergraduate degree with accounting, management or business concentration (or other undergraduate degree, with commensurate experience)
- CPA preferred but not mandatory
- Graduate degree (i.e., MBA, MPA, MA) preferred
Senior Consultant CPA
We are looking for a CPA or Rising CPA who is capable of performing the following without supervision:
- Financial Audits – Solid understanding of the audit process required. You would be expected to plan, perform, and report on the audits of small to medium sized businesses in accordance with US GAAS and US GAAP. Great working paper preparation habits are expected. Report writing capability is a must.
- Reporting – Ability to prepare financial reports.
- Accounting Services – Understand clients’ business, understand and provide expertise to enhance accounting systems. Technical capability to perform accounting procedures from bookkeeping to trial balance required.
This is a position in a growing firm and requires an entrepreneurial mindset. We aim to add value to our clients who range from small companies to Fortune 500 companies. There are opportunities to share profits based on performance.
- CPA or close to completion of the CPA examination
- College degree, Masters Preferred
- At least 3 years experience, preferably in a practicing firm environment.
Social Media and Creative Support Consultant
- Manage and assist in the improvement of social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter and
- Create or edit images and graphics
- Research and develop material for firm’s blog.
- Communicate with the Chief Executive Officer on issues related to the above tasks.
Familiarity and expertise using social media such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Real life experience with facilitative apps such as Hootsuite, Google Analytics, etc. required.
- Graphics programs
- Strong visual and graphic design
Period of Employment:
We expect this position to be an outsourced position.
Based on experience and value-add potential
Please include your resume and cover letter for consideration.