Come join our team of professionals. Whether you’re fresh out of college, or an experienced professional, Memphis Consulting Group, LLC is a company where you can cultivate your expertise, use your knowledge to the fullest extent, enjoy superlative mentoring, and gain the experience necessary for earning your CPA License.
MCG is an equal opportunity employer with opportunities available for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. EOE M/F/D/V
Click on a career opportunity listed below for details of the position and submit your cover letter and resume via the form at the bottom of this page.
Your range of responsibilities would include accounting support, preparation of tax returns, and financial management support. You would be required to maintain active communication with clients and staff.
- Experienced with accounting software.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Ability to take instruction.
- Ability to conduct research.
- Strong understanding of US GAAP.
- At least 3 years of accounting experience.
- Accounting / Business Management undergraduate degree.
- Masters degree preferred.
- Supervisory experience a plus.
Period of Employment
This position is temporary to permanent.
Based on experience.
Submission details: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include your resume and cover letter for consideration.
- Perform bookkeeping, accounting, inventory control, and clerical/administrative functions.
- Serve as a bookkeeper. Assist with budget preparations; handle accounts; maintain ledgers; prepare financial statements and reports including the income statement and balance sheet; reconcile bank account; keep the supervisor informed as to the balances of internal accounts; and prepare payroll.
Job Description Specifications:
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles
- Knowledge of accounting techniques and procedures
- Knowledge of maintaining account balances and reporting on their status
- Knowledge of proper preparation of tabular materials, charts and statistical data
- Analyze general ledger and fixed asset data
- Diagnose accounting problems
- Maintain records of departmental spending and adjust budget as needed
- Past due and/or incorrect invoices
- Bank statement reconciliation
Experience and Education:
- Three to five years previous experience in bookkeeping and accounting
- High School Diploma
- Relevant courses in bookkeeping/accounting
Chief Operating Officer
Memphis Consulting Group/ProsperaCPAs, are growing consultancies that focus on Chief Financial Officer Services and Tax Consulting. We need a chief operating officer (COO) to be the right hand of our CEO. With your experience and talents, you will be able to lead our team of high-performing professionals to be efficient, productive, and effective.
Our ideal candidate has extensive experience within the industry, perhaps having worked your way up through the ranks to your role as an executive. We believe this trajectory helps develop a unique mix of business and management expertise, plus proficiency with the practices, policies, and procedures of the accounting and consulting industry. We are looking for a COO with strong leadership skills, the ability to take ownership of projects, and a willingness to approach business from a creative point of view.
Objectives of this Role
- Collaborate with the CEO in setting and driving organizational vision, operational strategy, and hiring needs.
- Translate strategy into actionable goals for performance and growth, helping to implement company-wide goal setting, performance management, and annual operating planning.
- Oversee company operations and employee productivity, building a highly inclusive culture that ensures that team members thrive, and company goals are achieved.
- Ensure effective recruiting, onboarding, professional development, performance management, and retention.
- Adhere to company, federal, state, and local business requirements, enforcing compliance and acting when necessary.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Analyze internal operations and identify areas of process and performance enhancement.
- Develop actionable business strategies and plans that ensure alignment with short-term and long-term objectives developed in conjunction with the CEO.
- Directly oversee operations, HR, and accounting, and partner with the CEO on sales management to achieve growth targets over the near term.
- Aggressively manage capital investment and expenses to ensure the company achieves its targets relative to growth and profitability.
- Monitor performance with tracking and establish corrective measures as needed, and prepare detailed reports, both current and forecasting.
- Maintain and build trusted relationships with key customers, clients, partners, and team members.
Skills and Qualifications
- Certified Public Accountant
- 10 years’ experience, minimum
- 5+ years’ experience in executive leadership positions
- Leadership skills, with steadfast resolve and personal integrity
- Audit and/or strong tax consulting skills
- A solid grasp of data analysis and performance metrics, especially as it relates to a professional service firm.
- Must be able to diagnose problems quickly and develop solutions that address issues.
- Master’s degree in business or related field
The Consultant would perform operational, financial, and compliance engagements in accordance with professional standards. In addition, the Consultant would provide advisory services as required. The Consultant is expected to function at a very high level of quality, and should be able to take direction as well as work independently, with minimum supervision.
As a rising professional, it is critical that you invest in yourself now and lay a solid foundation for your future. If your current status coincides with the prior statement, then Memphis Consulting Group, LLC may be exactly where you need to be. Call us and let’s talk. If you desire the tools, skills, and attitude required of a world-class top-notch Consultant, our team will help you attain your goals.
How We Will Help You Get There
Our 3-year Professional Leadership Program will provide the technical versatility that is required in the marketplace and catapult you to the next level. You will be exposed to financial management, accounting, audit, tax, and consulting during your tenure. More importantly, you will be challenged to develop leadership skills that set you apart from your peers. You will be encouraged to attain a professional designation such as the CPA, CGMA, or CISA. Whenever you pass a stage of your professional examinations, Memphis Consulting Group, LLC will reimburse a portion of your fees. On the job training is an absolute must. Formal training on an annual basis paid for by the firm is expected.
Ideal skills and abilities
The ideal candidate will possess excellent interpersonal skills, strong analytical ability and decision-making skills, and be able to prioritize and meet deadlines. Your writing ability is crucial since our end products are reports. You will work as part of a team that supports each other to accomplish set goals and objectives. Candidates should be coachable and be able to take correction as a necessary part of their development. We want proactive, passionate, visionary, humble, and engaged people who are hungry for success, are willing to learn, and capable of working hard and smart to attain their goals. A great attitude is essential! This is a professional learning environment and therefore, openness to new things is expected.
Undergraduate degree with accounting, management or business concentration (or other undergraduate degree, with commensurate experience)
- CPA preferred but not mandatory
- Graduate degree (i.e., MBA, MPA, MA) preferred
A growing company is seeking a personal assistant to support the Chief Marketing Officer. If you want to work, enjoy seeing the fruits of your labor, and want to be part of something intended to benefit the community, create jobs, and yield profits, this might just be the opportunity that you need. If you seek a stimulating work environment where you are constantly challenged, then this might be your calling card. Remember, this is a growing company so the ability to adjust in a very short period is expected. Priorities may change depending on the circumstances so willingness to “flow” is expected.
- Expert at social media – LinkedIn, Facebook, Hootsuite, etc.
- Email marketing skills such as facility with Constant Contact mandatory.
- Excellent writing skills – grammar, sentence construction, report writing, etc. would be an essential part of your job.
- Facility with numbers – you must be able to do some math. Basic mathematical skills are a must. Understanding of financial statements would be a plus…or the ability to quickly learn would be helpful.
- Graphic design skills would be a plus – your role as “the one who makes things happen,” may involve seeing to the design of flyers, cards, eBooks, etc. You do not have to be a graphic designer, although that would be a plus. Your role may involve coordinating with outsourced graphic designers, where necessary.
- Microsoft Office Suite capable – you would be called upon to track activities, respond to queries, and write reports. Proficiency with Microsoft Office is required. Excel, Word, Outlook skills are a must, for you to excel in this role. You may be called upon to manage the Chief Marketing Officer’s calendar and to track the effectiveness of marketing campaigns. You would struggle if your Microsoft skills are not above basic level.
We seek someone with a “can do” attitude. The environment is an exciting one with a big vision. Your ability to plug-in quickly, grasp the vision, roll up your sleeves, take ownership for success, and focus on the job at hand, would determine your fit and success in this role.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including spoken communication – you may be called upon to speak with C-level executives on behalf of the Chief Marketing Officer.
- Well organized – our firm hours are from 830am to 430pm since we believe in work life balance. You would be expected to organize your time and activities carefully so that you achieve maximum impact each day. Our goal is to achieve excellence without burning out our most precious resources, human resources. We minimize overtime and limit it to one or two hours, when it rarely occurs.
- Ability to prioritize, motivated to see results.
- Ability to work on multiple projects without getting confused is a must. Our growth trajectory may require some play in the private and governmental sectors. We also run two offices in Memphis and Nashville. Keeping abreast with requirements in multiple markets and industry spaces requires a good sense of order.
Undergraduate degree, minimum. Master’s Degree, preferred. A degree in fine arts, digital marketing, social sciences etc. is perfectly acceptable. Prior experience in a similar role would be helpful.
Senior Consultant CPA
We are looking for a CPA or Rising CPA who is capable of performing the following without supervision:
- Financial Audits – Solid understanding of the audit process required. You would be expected to plan, perform, and report on the audits of small to medium sized businesses in accordance with US GAAS and US GAAP. Great working paper preparation habits are expected. Report writing capability is a must.
- Reporting – Ability to prepare financial reports.
- Accounting Services – Understand clients’ business, understand and provide expertise to enhance accounting systems. Technical capability to perform accounting procedures from bookkeeping to trial balance required.
This is a position in a growing firm and requires an entrepreneurial mindset. We aim to add value to our clients who range from small companies to Fortune 500 companies. There are opportunities to share profits based on performance.
- CPA or close to completion of the CPA examination
- College degree, Masters Preferred
- At least 3 years experience, preferably in a practicing firm environment.
Social Media and Creative Support Consultant
- Manage and assist in the improvement of social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter and
- Create or edit images and graphics
- Research and develop material for firm’s blog.
- Communicate with the Chief Executive Officer on issues related to the above tasks.
Familiarity and expertise using social media such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Real life experience with facilitative apps such as Hootsuite, Google Analytics, etc. required.
- Graphics programs
- Strong visual and graphic design
Period of Employment:
We expect this position to be an outsourced position.
Based on experience and value-add potential
Please include your resume and cover letter for consideration.
Tax Resolution and Recovery Administrative Assistant
- This is a growth-oriented position that will provide opportunities for you to hone your administrative, marketing, and tax consulting skills. The ideal applicant is an individual who is seeking growth, direction, mentorship, and excellence in the tax consulting field. This individual would participate in our Leadership in Business Program, which exposes participants to functional areas, such as marketing and sales, operations, accounting, and tax consulting.
- For purposes of this position, tax consulting refers to tax resolution, tax recovery, tax planning, and tax compliance. We are looking for someone who makes things happen and can work under pressure. Your role in the company would be to help us get to the next level of growth. Your attitude is a critical component that would determine whether we can reach our objectives.
- If you are interested in developing your tax skills and achieving your professional goals, let us talk. You will be stretched by this position and challenged daily. No two days would be the same for your entire tenure and you would come to work knowing that. The sky is the limit if you can go through this program and your willingness to invest in yourself would determine how far you can go. This is not a job, per se, it is a career destination that would help you grow as a person and professional.
Lead generation, prospect follow up, online marketing, and social media engagement. Sales closing and client intake. Tax research using databases such as Parker Tax, The Tax Book, and other specialized tax applications. Client transcript review and client action step development. Preparation of tax returns. Communicating with clients and assembly of financial packages for tax resolution and recovery work. Strategic marketing and sales, internet marketing, direct response marketing, content development. Personal and administrative assistance include managing the Chief Executive’s calendar.
- Ability to take dictation and transcribe notes. Ability to give instructions as well as follow them. Understanding of client intake procedures and monitoring of client cases. Analytical skills and report writing skills are a must. Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Google applications required. Good bookkeeping skills are necessary for this position. Strong interpersonal skills and spoken communication skills are a must.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree is mandatory, preferably in business or business-related area. At least 3 years post-qualification experience in an analytical role. Prior experience as a paralegal or tax preparer with exposure to preparation of Forms 1040, 941, 1065, K1, 1120S, 1120, Schedule C, etc. is preferred.
A professional objective to acquire a designation such as Enrolled Agent, Certified Public Accountant, Certified Information Systems Auditor, etc. would be helpful, since this is a growth position that requires constantly improving technical and managerial skills. Paying attention to detail, taking ownership of assignments, integrity, and punctuality are must to be successful in this role.
Contact us at 901 791 4643 or send an email to email@example.com for consideration.
- Our firm, Memphis Consulting Group, LLC, is looking for a detail-oriented Tax Preparer to join our tax services team. The Tax Preparer will be responsible for communicating with clients about the tax preparation process, setting appointments, and assisting with tax return preparation and filing. Our company provides a comprehensive suite of services, namely tax compliance, tax planning, and tax resolution services. If you have experience with Tax Preparation and are interested in expanding your skill set to include tax planning and tax resolution, please contact us.
- Advise clients regarding tax compliance, tax planning, and tax resolution, where applicable.
- Ensure the confidentiality of each client’s documentation by following all company procedures regarding information handling.
- Grow the business by promoting our services and expanding our client base.
- Attend to the needs of clients such that they become advocates for our brand.
Skills and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Above average mathematics skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel programs required
Please submit your cover letter and resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org